With the growing popularity of natural heartburn remedies, how do you choose the acid reflux home remedy that will work best for you? Whether you have been diagnosed with GERD (gastroesophageal reflux disease), acid reflux disease or just suffer from mild heartburn, there are many homeopathic and alternative health remedies proven to cure and successfully treat symptoms in many sufferers.
The Benefits of an Acid Reflux Home Remedy over Traditional Treatments
- Natural acid reflux remedies do not have any side effects, as opposed to the serious and potentially fatal side effects found in acid reflux drugs.
- Affordability of natural GERD treatments
- Availability – many acid reflux home remedy ingredients can already be found in your kitchen cabinets or you can purchase them at your local supermarket or natural health food store. You don’t have to wait for a doctor to phone in a prescription to a pharmacy and wait for it to be filled.
- General health – An acid reflux home remedy can help improve your overall health and well being, as well as encourage weight loss.
The Right Treatment For Your Acid Reflux Problem
When searching for natural cures for acid reflux, you will probably come across a lot of contradictory information, especially if you are looking online. Heartburn is the primary symptom that people with GERD (gastroesophageal reflux disease) and acid reflux disease complain about. Discomfort occurs when stomach acid or stomach contents reflux back up into the esophagus
However, there is a common misconception that these problems are caused by hyper-acidity and over production of stomach acid. In reality, many cases of heartburn and acid reflux symptoms are caused by the production of too little stomach acid especially in the case of GERD.
It is necessary to pay attention to how your body reacts to the food and drink you consume to see what eases your symptoms and and what causes your acid reflux symptoms. When deciding on an acid reflux remedy you may either have to eliminate acidic foods and or you may need to ingest more acid to promote proper digestion and breakdown of food in your stomach.
Customize Your Acid Reflux Home Remedy
The basis for any acid reflux treatment program should always start with analyzing your diet and making sure you are eating right. This often means eating smaller meals, 5 – 6 times per day, and eliminating highly acidic foods and drinks. Natural acid reflux remedies can be found in many everyday foods, herbs and drinks. Here are a few that have helped thousands of our customers.
Acid Reflux, Heartburn and GERD Home Remedies include:
- Do not drink liquids with your meal – wait about 30 minutes, but make sure to stay hydrated throughout the day
- Chew basil leaves
- Honey – either by itself or mixed with other liquids
- Apple cider vinegar – you can add honey to it so it doesn’t taste so bad
- Various herbs – including mint
- Papaya – either fresh or a natural tablet
- Apples (particularly red apples), watermelon, bananas and other specific fruits
- Green tea with ginseng
- Ginger – can be found in many drinks, recipes or bought fresh as ginger root
- Milk – things to mix it with or ways to drink milk for the best results
Our Reflux Remedy Report will walk you through every step of the way to cure your acid reflux disease. Download your copy today!
Learn Exactly What GERD Is And The Importance Of Taking Control Of The Problem…Today
Reflux Remedy Home | Acid Reflux Blog | Acid Reflux Articles |
© 2010 Barton Publishing, Inc. All Rights Reserved
Toll Free: 1.888.356.1146 Outside US: +1.617.603.0085
Phone Support is available between 9:00 AM and 5:00 PM EST
PO Box 50, Brandon, SD 57005 USA