Treat and Prevent Symptoms
Hiatal hernias can be caused by accident, injury, birth defect or by extra pressure caused by obesity or pregnancy. Hiatal hernias are also more common in people with GERD symptoms. A hiatal hernia occurs when part of the stomach and/or lower esophagus slides up through the hiatus in the diaphragm, the muscle wall separating the abdomen and chest cavity. Anything that causes an increase in pressure in the abdomen can cause a hernia, including lifting heavy objects, diarrhea or constipation, or persistent coughing or sneezing.
In some cases people don’t even know they have a hiatal hernia because they don’t experience any symptoms. In other cases, people can have severe and painful symptoms.
Symptoms include chest pain, heartburn, sore throat, hoarseness, difficulty swallowing, shortness of breath and regurgitation. Chest pain and heartburn symptoms are mainly due to the reflux of food and stomach acid into the esophagus that can cause a painful burning sensation or a feeling of a lump in the throat or chest. Over a prolonged period of time, it can cause asthma and erosion of the esophagus.
Fortunately symptoms of hiatal hernia can be treated successfully with homes cures and natural remedies in almost every instance. Natural remedies offer safe, affordable and readily available solutions compared to dangerous and expensive prescription drug alternatives.
Treatment For Symptoms of Hiatal Hernia Include:
- Proper diet to avoid triggering reflux
- Avoiding certain actions like bending over after meals to prevent back flow
- Eliminating bad habits such as using tobacco and drinking alcohol
- Regular exercise
In addition to a good diet and consistent exercise routine, natural remedies provide an effective hiatal hernia treament and can even prevent further episodes.
Remedies for the Natural Treatment of Symptoms of Hiatal Hernia Include:
- Herbs and spices including ginger, basil, mint, licorice root and fennel seed
- Honey – Honey can be taken straight or add it to an herbal tea
- Apple cider vinegar – This incredible reflux remedy for symptoms of hiatal hernia has proven to work wonders for many. Normally 1 -2 tsps can help for days and is readily available in most supermarkets.
- Add 1 tsp of baking soda to a full glass of water – drink after meals
- Aloe Vera Juice
- Chew gum after meals
- Some swear by certain exercises or moves that can put the organs back in place.
- Staying hydrated by drinking 6-10 glasses of water per day – but not at meal times
- Do not lay down right after a meal or do not eat close to bedtime. Keep your upper body elevate while sleeping.
Learn Exactly What GERD Is And The Importance Of Taking Control Of The Problem…Today
Reflux Remedy Home | Acid Reflux Blog | Acid Reflux Articles |
© 2010 Barton Publishing, Inc. All Rights Reserved
Toll Free: 1.888.356.1146 Outside US: +1.617.603.0085
Phone Support is available between 9:00 AM and 5:00 PM EST
PO Box 50, Brandon, SD 57005 USA