January 27, 2011
Natural Treatment for Pregnant Women With Heartburn
Pregnancy often brings a number of ailments ? including heartburn ? that has the soon to be mother reaching for natural solutions so that she can find relief without harming the baby. If you?re looking for a natural treatment for pregnant women with heartburn, you?ve come to the right place. There are a number of things you can do naturally to help relieve your heartburn without harming your baby. Here are just a few:
Heartburn tends to plague pregnant women, so in anticipation of that take simple steps to avoid heartburn before it starts.
- First, try not to stress. Yes, pregnancy is a stressful time. Will the baby be healthy? Will we be able to financially handle this child? Will we be good parents? Will we be able to properly provide for this child? And on and on. However, stress can cause all kinds of problems ? some more severe than heartburn, like early labor. So, relax. ?Get a massage, go for a walk, curl up with a good book, just take some time for yourself. It will help you reduce your heartburn and keep the baby safe.
- Second, avoid foods that are known to cause heartburn. Your specific pregnancy may bring special triggers to you, but some common ones are garlic, onions and citrus fruits and juices. Caffeine and alcohol also cause heartburn, but hopefully you?re already modifying your intake of those chemicals due their potentially harmful effects on the baby.
- Third, try not to eat too close to bed time. Although pregnancy cravings can be intense and demand food at strange hours, try to control what you eat and when you eat to avoid a bout of heartburn. Lying down too close to eating allows food and stomach acids to meander into your esophagus, which causes heartburn pain. Eating at least two hours before you lie down can help prevent this. If a craving is just too strong to resist, try propping yourself up with a pillow to help keep your digestive tract aligned and make it more difficult for acids to move upwards.
If you already have a bad case of heartburn, don?t despair! There are a number of things you can do that will naturally help neutralize the acid and relieve your pain.
- First, try the simplest solution. Drink a glass of water. This will help flush your digestive tract and dilute excess acids in your stomach that might be irritating your esophagus.
- Ginger has long been used to help settle upset stomachs. So, try a glass of ginger tea, or eat some candied ginger to help soothe your heartburn.
- Apples have also been found recently to help some people get over their heartburn pain. Just one after a meal can help provide relief from acid indigestion pain.
- Apple cider vinegar can also help to neutralize acids in your stomach. All it takes is a tablespoon diluted in a full glass of water to help alleviate heartburn pain.
The Reflux Remedy Report contains these and many other holistic tips for reliving your worst heartburn symptoms. Log on to www.refluxremedy.com to see additional natural treatments for pregnant women with heartburn.